I adore pumpkin bread with a cup of tea in the fall 🍂🍁
There’s something nostalgic and comforting about quick breads and this one does not disappoint.🥰
It’s made with gluten free flour, canned pumpkin and warm spices 🍁 that compliment the earthiness of squash.
Pumpkin is an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C, and beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body turns into vitamin A. 👀
Vitamin C is of course a potent antioxidant that keeps the immune system strong but it also is necessary for the body to create its own collagen. 🤯
Vitamin A & C also help combat free radicals, keep skin healthy 💯, & promote immune health! This recipe is dietitian approved and absolutely delicious👏👏 Enjoy!💋
1 cup 100% canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup coconut sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons 100% pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
1 ½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4th cup pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with avocado oil cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl add pumpkin, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir to combine.
3. Add in the sugar, brown sugar, pure vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
4. Add the eggs and the coconut oil to the batter and mix until smooth.
5. Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and mix until fully combined and smooth.
6. Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pan and top with pecans. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let bread cool for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing (I know it's tough to wait but it's worth it!). Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
- The pumpkin bread can be frozen once completely cooled. Wrap the loaf with foil or plastic wrap and then place in a freezer bag. The loaf can be frozen up to 3 months.
- Swap brown sugar for monkfruit sweetener, maple syrup or honey.
#hearthealthy #fallrecipes #quickbreads #pumpkinbread #pumpkinrecipes #healthyrecipes #hearthealthyrecipes #gutfriendlyrecipes #healthypumpkinbread #glutenfreerecipes #glutenfreepumpkinbread #glutenfreerecipes #glutenfreebread