There is something about ice cream sandwiches that bring up nostalgic memories of warm summer nights growing up in LA. ☀️🌴.
These ice cream sandwiches are naturally sweetened and deliciously moist and creamy all while being gluten and dairy free, not to mention a great source of omega 3’s! 🤯
The secret ingredient in these cookies are ground flaxseeds! Flaxseeds are a rich source of lignans, a dietary fiber that has been shown to help reduce risk of cancer, reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure! Enjoy this delish gut friendly dessert this weekend beauties!
Ingredients for cookies:
1 tbsp flaxseeds (freshly ground)
½ cup unsalted natural peanut butter stirred well
½ cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Frozen mixed organic berries
1. Combine eggs, set aside for two minutes. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk peanut butter, maple syrup, and flax egg together. Add gluten free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla extract.
3. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes (or fridge for close to hour) to chill.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place balls of cookie dough on cookie sheet in rows at least 2 inches a part. Flatten each dough ball slightly with the tines of a fork and create double lines.
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest a minute or two on cookie sheet before transferring them to a cooling rack.
To make "ice cream" blend frozen bananas and store in freezer. Blend frozen berries and add to banana mixture while swirling berry mixture through. Freeze for 2 hours or longer and scoop ice cream between cookies.
#glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes #dairyfree #dairyfreerecipes #glutenanddairyfreedessert #lowfodmaprecipes #icecreamsanwiches #naturalicecream #cleanrecipes #naturalicecreamsandwiches #icecream #summerrecipes #healthyrecipes #nutrition